Sunday, February 24, 2008

snake eyes

So, this is my first blog and I'll try to set a few things out there. I made this identity to remain slightly shrouded from public knowledge, you can thank 4theluv for that. I will sometimes be secular, typically sarcastic and sometimes deep and a bit spiritual. When I make future posts they might have real content but dont hold your breath. I wont worry with grammer and spelling too much, and I really wont worry with being PC. I will call it as I see it, and those of you that dont know who I am may think about my words a little more seriously. when something is said from anonymity it seems a little more weighty; and besides he has the best quotes. if you do figure out who I am keep it to yourself.
I wont do many fancy links or picture inserts, I wont use lots of shorthand texting notation. this will be pretty basic so dont expect much.

Matrim Cauthon is a character from the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan . he is uncommonly lucky and thoroughly enjoys gambling. (this is kinda how I am, i notice all the "lucky" things that happen to me, attribute them to my uniqueness and think that I win more than I lose.) I like gambling, not at Vegas or on the River necessarily but I like to take chance, especially calculated chance. "Time to toss the dice" (spoken in the Old Tongue) is a phrase that Matt adopts once he realizes that his "luck" is not always directed at winning a game of cards or chance, but tied to his over-arching purpose in life. on one occasion he is discovering his new luck and is playing crowns (like craps). he tosses the highest winning roll over and over and over until everyone thinks he is cheating in an insultingly obvious way no less. then he finally tosses pips (sake eyes) which is a sign of the dark one and everyone starts to murmer and take their coin and leave.

so Snake Eyes is like the moment when you have found something good and indulge till you cant take any more. you get intoxicated with the moment and then realize that there is the possibility this "good thing" is not entirely good and will come at a price. Snake Eyes. Thats me, always realizing one toss too late.
Ever heard the expression "that X is like a sunburn", thats Snake Eyes.

No comments: